Headquartered in Gurgaon, India, IA runs mentorship driven incubation and acceleration programs for start ups in mobile technology, finance, gaming, e commerce, and mobility. Two times a year, we handpick 8 promising start ups, and help them build a business out of their ideas. The program at India Accelerator is structured around three categories:
Co Work: Our office infrastructure helps start ups with office support, general business assistance, access to exclusive events, and to a network of entrepreneurs, innovators, mentors, and friends.
Start Up Academy: The Start Up Academy helps founders during their ideation phase, and helps them build a real business ( model ) around their idea. The academy gives them access to resources to help validate their idea, build a MVP, test, research, and interact with founders of co - startups. Start ups with exceptional ideas are promoted to the acceleration program.
Acceleration: The acceleration program is directed towards start ups with existing business models. The acceleration program provides support to these organizations in several ways: Technology: designing and/or building their products, financial, with seed or series funding, and supportive, with access to our mentors, training programs, events, network, and otherwise.
Additionally, IA also provides Co Live solutions. We believe entrepreneurship is not a job, but rather a life style. We help founders incubated in our program achieve this, with state of the art living facilities, where they eat, sleep, code, converse and ideate with their team members, co - start ups, innovators, and are in constant touch with our mentors and gurus.
IA is currently accepting applications for the winter 2017 batch. It shall take place in Gurgaon, India, from September 2017, to January, 2018.
We work with start ups in batches. There are two each year, summer and winter batches. The application process at IA is also different - instead of submitting a business plan or a slide presentation, we invite founders and their teams to come meet us in person. We usually make a decision immediately afterwards, or in a few days. Most of the start ups we accelerate are expected to move in to Gurgaon during the 4 month program, and we help with co live solutions for the same. The companies work out of India Accelerator's co working space during this month.
- If you want to apply, please submit your application by 15th September, 2017. Companies that submit early have an advantage, because we have more time to go through their application, and interact with the team.
- If you are selected for the acceleration program, we expect you to move to Gurgaon, India, for the 4 month program.
- After you’re accepted, we’ll immediately get to work helping you set up your company, if it isn’t already.
- During and after the 4 months we introduce startups individually to people who could help them. The founders of other IA accelerated start ups tend to be especially helpful.
- IA doesn’t really end after 4 months; only the program does. We continue to give advice and make introductions as long as founders need—-and so does the informal network of IA-accelerated companies.
- Each cycle culminates in Demo Day, when the startups present their companies to a carefully selected, invite-only audience.
How do we select?
The people that make a company are the most important to us!
- We look for brains, motivation, and a sense of design. Experience is helpful but not critical.
- Your idea is important too, but mainly as evidence that you can have good ideas. Most successful startups change their idea substantially.
India Accelerator is an acceleration program with no domain limitations, while focusing on mobile technology based start-ups.
Startups in our cohort get access to a host of perks from our partners and GAN. Pls click the follow link to see the exhaustive list: visit